Good Brick Awards 2016
FW Heritage Wins Two 2016 Good Brick Awards
FW Heritage wins two Preservation Houston Good Brick Awards for Respectfully Restored 1203 Edwards St. and 2120 Sabine St.
We also received The Martha Peterson Award which recognizes outstanding contributions to the community and commitment to historic preservation in Houston. The award is presented in memory of Preservation Houston’s longtime friend, volunteer and Walking Tours Program chair Martha Peterson.
The Martha Peterson Award was first awarded in 2010 and past winners of the Award include :
– 2010 – City of Houston Summer Jobs for Youth Program for the College Park Memorial Cemetery genealogy program
– 2011 – Sylvan Rodriguez, Jr. Elementary School Art Department for its fourth- and fifth-grade project Houston : Urban Landscapes in Watercolor
– 2012 – Mayor Annise Parker for her successful effort to strengthen protections in Houston’s historic districts
– 2013 – Anna Mod
– 2014 – Houston Audobon for the restoration of the Edith L. Moore Log Cabin
– 2015 – The Heritage Society for the restoration and reinterpretation of the Fourth Ward Cottage in Sam Houston Park